2008年8月17日

A busy & happy day!


I spent this statuardy in a different way. We went to visit the church on the mountain in Bogota. Actually it is my second time to visit it' cause firstly we have two new workmates here and we should show them some places of interests here. Secondly, I have not climbed the mountian for a couple of months, and really need some kind of exercise.

For climbing the mountian, we have two options: 1. climbing 2. taking the cable car

For exercising purpose, we chose the former. Well, it was a hard work. the altitude is approximately 3.5 KM and it took us about 1.5 hours, because it rained and we had to stop to wait until it stopped.

But I am wondering why the church was built on a mountian with a altitue of 3.5KM. I have been to some counties and found that the churches are all located at the downtown. Going to church in the western world is part of people' s life and it should be convenient for people to access it. One possibility, I suppose is that the mountian is the highest near the city and if the church is built there, people can see it at any corner of the city. What is more, the power of God is completely shown. God is powerful and God is love!

2 条评论:

Gillian 说...

I think so. o(∩_∩)o...
I admired that you can go to so many places. It must be a wonderful journey!

匿名 说...

well, maybe you think it is a good experience, but sometime it is tired.